Chaps Pit Beef was established in 1987 by Gus and Bob. Chaps was a 12x15 shack with no electricity or phone. We simply had beef, ham, and sausage served with joy and the hope of seeing delight and enjoyment from the faces of our customers. In the beginning, Chaps struggled, but we soon had electricity and a phone. Donna joined our team, and 27 years later we are still here. Over the years, Chaps has grown, as well as, our menu serving hot dogs, subs, fish platters and much, much more. Chaps is recognized locally and nationally as one of the best Pit BBQ places around.
- Chaps has been in The City Paper, “Baltimore’s Best” from 1991–2013.
- Chaps has been featured on:
- Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate
- Diners, Drive-ins and Dives REVISIT
- Chaps has also been on:
- Man V. Food
- 101 Tastiest Places to Chowdown